Rhubarb and yoghurt cake

This is another variation on the French yoghurt cake, but as I have rhubarb to use I thought it would be a change from a crumble or meringue. It's very easy  - you use the yoghurt pot as a measure.

250g rhubarb cut into smallish pieces plus 1 tspn cinnamon [or more if you like it]
1 small pot natural yoghurt [the pot is then the measure]
3 pots caster sugar
3 pots plain flour
3/4 pot of veg oil [I used sunflower]
1/4 pot milk
2 eggs
2 tspn baking powder
pinch salt


Preheat oven 200C/gas6
Grease and base line a 20cm round tin.

Put all the ingredients except the rhubarb into a bowl and beat together.
When it's all mixed, add the rhubarb and stir in.
Spoon into the tin and bake for 30 mins till golden.


Nice moist cake, so easy and quick to make. The rhubarb gives it a nice texture and some sharpness. I like these yoghurt cakes as they're simple to make and you can use so many different ingredients. You can change the yoghurt for a flavoured one and use appropriate fruit; I've even made a chocolate one. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lemon Coconut Slices

My favourite Plum Tart

Galette des Rois with Chocolate and Hazelnuts